Surrey Safeguarding Adults Board - Adult Safeguarding Essential Virtual Webinar
Date & Time:
What are the benefits of attending the Adult Safeguarding Essential course?
It'll raise your awareness and understanding of roles and responsibilities in relation to the safeguarding of adults.
This course includes all aspects of basic Safeguarding awareness and Surrey’s multi-agency approach.
What will I learn?
- Meaning of ‘abuse and neglect’ in the context of adult safeguarding
- Identify who an adult safeguarding enquiry applies to and the s42 duties
- Types of abuse
- Common indicators of abuse
- The Adult Safeguarding roles of Surrey County Council, Surrey Safeguarding adults Board and other partners
- How Making Safeguarding Personal (MSP) works in Practice
- Response to disclosures of abuse and neglect effectively
- Correct reporting and recording of adult safeguarding concerns in Surrey
- The relationship between adult safeguarding, child protection and domestic abuse
- What happens when a safeguarding concern is reported to the Local Authority
Who is the course aimed at?
This course is open to everyone who may have an interaction with an Adult during their daily working role. Some examples of these roles are (but not limited to) (If you have any questions if this course is right for you, please contact the SSAB on email@example.com)
- District & Borough Administration staff
- Health Administration staff
- Care/ Nursing Home workers and Administration staff
- Support Workers
- Community Care Assistants
- Night Care workers
- Adult specific Charities
- Library staff
- GP Administration staff
- Charity and third sector orgainsations who work with Adults